Announcing the 2023 MITA Photo Contest!
Despite a record-setting summer for wet weather on the Maine coast, the Maine Island Trail continued to captivate and inspire those who ventured out to experience it. We know that many of those moments were captured in photographs, and we want to see the results!
We are once again hosting the MITA Photo Contest, presented by Hamilton Marine. Let’s get right down to the details, shall we?
How to enter: Easy as click-click-send!
- Send your photos (please, no more than three) to email@example.com by Monday, October 16. Put “Photo Contest” as the email subject. Please indicate where on the Maine Island Trail your photo was taken. That’s it!
- Finalists will be chosen by MITA and then it will be up to our members to vote on winners. Stay tuned for more information on voting!
Rules: Not many, but they’re important…
- Like we said, please submit no more than three photos. Any entries containing more than three photos will be disqualified.
- Your photos must be taken of, or taken from, a current site on the Maine Island Trail.
- You must own the rights to all photos in your submission.
- The Maine Island Trail Association will not claim any license of any photos submitted, and may only disseminate them for purposes directly relating to the MITA Photo Contest such as voting, and in the case of winners, recognition.
Prizes: Yup, we’ve got them!
- GRAND PRIZE: Our Grand Prize winner will receive a gift certificate to Hamilton Marine, full-page publication of their winning photo in the upcoming edition of our printed newsletter, “The Island Trail”, recognition through MITA’s digital channels, and a special prize from MITA.
- SECOND AND THIRD PRIZE: Our second and third prize winners will receive recognition through MITA’s channels as well as special prizes from MITA.
Thanks for participating, and good luck!
Last year’s Grand Prize photo, “Buckle Island”, taken by Derek DiGuglielmo