Spring is here so it’s time for a little spring cleaning. MITA is dusting off the boat fleet, laundering the work gloves, and polishing our trash pickers. On five different days this spring and another four this fall, we’re planning cleanups from Kittery to Downeast. Volunteers will be taken by experienced MITA skippers to clean the shorelines of targeted islands in several different regions of the Trail. While just a single day commitment, it’s a great way to volunteer with MITA and get out to explore and protect Maine’s wild islands.
Spring Cleanup Dates:
- Friday, April 22 – Fort Foster “Earth Day”
- Saturday, May 28 – Casco Bay
- Saturday, June 4 – Muscongus Bay
- Sunday, June 5 – Kennebunkport Conservation Trust “Gear Grab”
- Saturday, June 11 – Deer Isle
- Saturday, June 18 – Downeast
Fall dates will be posted this summer. Please keep checking back for updates!
Space is limited. To sign up or for more information, call 207.761.8225 or email email@example.com.