Here are some of the books folks have submitted to us for consideration.
All of these books are available on Amazon. If your local bookstore is open, give them a call to see if they have any of these titles in stock. MITA has also compiled a reading list that lives in the MITA app under the Library tab.
- Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers
- Sailing Alone Around the World by Joshua Slocum
- Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick
- The Outlaw Ocean by Ian Urbina
- The Sun is a Compass by Caroline Van Hemert
- The Boy, Me, and The Cat by Henry M. Plummer
- Knockdown : The Harrowing True Story of a Yacht Race Turned Deadly by Martin Dugard
- Champlain’s Dream: The European Founding of North America by David Hackett Fischer
- Undaunted Courage: : Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West by Stephen Ambrose
- Wayfinding: The Science and Mystery of How Humans Navigate the World by M. R. O’Connor
- Penelope Down East: Cruising Adventures in an Engineless Catboat Along the World’s Most Beautiful Coast by W. R. Cheney
- The Only Kayak: A Journey Into The Heart Of Alaska by Kim Heacox
- A Family Island in Penobscot Bay: the story of Eagle Island by John C. Enk
- A Satisfying Sail Around The World by Zeke Holland