MITA’s 30-in-30 Challenge
Visit 30 Trail sites in MITA’s 30th year!
To celebrate MITA’s 30th anniversary and encourage members to explore the Trail, MITA presents the 30-in-30 Challenge!
Visit 30 or more Trail sites this summer, document your visits, inform MITA before Columbus Day (October 8, 2018), and you will be eligible for exciting prizes.
– Any site on the Maine Island Trail counts, but each site counts only once. (A site is eligible if it is listed in the camping, day use, or group camping sections of the app, or has its own Guidebook page or is listed in the Mainland Sites sections of the Guide.)
– A “visit” means you set foot on the island/site by boat…even if it’s a wet foot!
– All successful 30-in-30 Challenge participants will receive a special edition hat, be acknowledged in the MITA newsletter, and be entered to win a special raffle prize: a Yeti cooler filled with 30 Rising Tide Maine Island Trail Ales!
– In order to encourage use of the MITA app, if you use the My Trail/Badges app feature to document your 30 visits you will receive TWO raffle entries. To submit your My Trail list you can either email screenshots or use the icon in the top right-hand corner of the My Trail screen to email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. (To learn more about My Trail, select the MITA logo at the top of the app’s home screen. You will arrive at a “My Badges” screen. From there, select “How it Works” to read about My Trail.)
– If you prefer to keep track of your visits on paper, record site names and visit dates and submit your list by email (email@example.com) or snail mail (100 Kensington St 2nd Floor, Portland, ME 04103).
– Creative approaches to documenting your visits are encouraged! Participants may be featured in our Tales of the Trail blog and on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. Try tagging us on Facebook, using the hashtag #MITA30in30 on Instagram or Twitter, creating a poem for each island visited, taking island selfies, etc!
– All current MITA members are eligible to join the fun.